Greater St. Stephen
- Pastor Debra B. Morton
Greater St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church was organized on January 6, 1937 in a rented hall on South Liberty Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. The late Reverend Arthur Armstead Gundy was the founding pastor of the original 69 member congregation.
In February 1993, Elder Debra B. Morton, the wife of Pastor Morton and a daughter of Greater St. Stephen Ministry, was appointed Co-Pastor serving diligently beside her husband. With Elder Morton serving in the capacity of Co-Pastor, we were able to expand to seven weekly services as “One Church in Three Locations”. In March of 1993, Elder Paul S. Morton heeded the voice of God and was obedient to the appointment of God as he accepted the office of Bishop. He was consecrated on the 19th day of March and became the first Presiding Bishop of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International. Greater St. Stephen is the “Mother Church” of the movement. Under the leadership of Visionary Bishop Morton, thousands have been blessed, encouraged, delivered and inspired by the Ministry. We have been afforded the opportunity to plant several ministries and send sons of the ministry to pastor in surrounding areas.
Upcoming Live Programs
Greater St. Stephen Speakers
Dr. Debra B. Morton is the much admired and beloved Senior Pastor of the Greater St. Stephen… Learn more
Bishop Morton’s commitment to the community is evident by his participation on the… Learn more