Failing Faith

1. Katie Roedocker
    1   Posts

My faith seems to be failing over the last couple of months. A year ago God released me from my depression. I was planning on ending my life one Sunday after church. Our Pastor prayed with me, within minutes, my depression was gone. The suicidal thoughts were all gone. A week later, I saw God’s hand and heard his voice. But now, I feel that the enemy is trying to convince me that God is being prideful in telling us to praise and worship only him. I know this is not true, but I cannot stop the voice in my head that I keep hearing. I haven’t prayed or talked with God in almost two months now. I haven’t read God’s word. I don’t praise him like I used too. Now, I have felt like not going to our Bible Study groups and now I am feeling like I really don’t want to go to church anymore. I feel like the enemy is trying to isolate me from people. I don’t want to be around them for any reason. I get very frustrated with people a lot, I get very angry with them sometimes.
    I need prayer. Has anybody else ever gone through this? Is it just me? Is there a particular scripture that will help me? I feel so lost and lonely. I feel like sometimes the enemy is winning. I don’t want that. Don’t know what to do. Please help. Thank you.

2. lynncurtis
    337   Posts

Katie,

I will be honest enough to admit, that from time to time, my faith fails me too.  Jesus Himself went through doubt when He asked if He’d been forsaken on the cross. He was in a great deal of pain. God kept His promise to Christ and raised Him from the dead, just as He loves you enough to bring you back.  What you feel is normal. You are human Katie.

There are times when the Devil tries to attack my mind like anyone else.  He says crazy things to me, like what you hear, all the time. Think back to the Garden of Eden and how peaceful things were before the Devil came and reeked havoc, nearly destroying a really perfect relationship between God and mankind.  Satan is the Author of lies.  That is is His sole purpose - to kill, steal, and destroy. So focus your mind and reject the thoughts he tries to plant in you. Jesus said, “As a man thinks, so he is!”

I pray that the Living God places a Spirit within you that binds the Enemy and drives Him out! I pray that you are marked sacred to God and sealed that the Enemy may never prevail against you.  You must make yourself pray Katie. Prayer is talking.  Tell God what you feel. Trust Him enough to know that He wants something much deeper with you than vain worship.

He wants a personal relationship with you. He wants to connect with you Katie.

Katie Roedocker - 21 June 2010 05:42 PM

My faith seems to be failing over the last couple of months. A year ago God released me from my depression. I was planning on ending my life one Sunday after church. Our Pastor prayed with me, within minutes, my depression was gone. The suicidal thoughts were all gone. A week later, I saw God’s hand and heard his voice. But now, I feel that the enemy is trying to convince me that God is being prideful in telling us to praise and worship only him. I know this is not true, but I cannot stop the voice in my head that I keep hearing. I haven’t prayed or talked with God in almost two months now. I haven’t read God’s word. I don’t praise him like I used too. Now, I have felt like not going to our Bible Study groups and now I am feeling like I really don’t want to go to church anymore. I feel like the enemy is trying to isolate me from people. I don’t want to be around them for any reason. I get very frustrated with people a lot, I get very angry with them sometimes.
    I need prayer. Has anybody else ever gone through this? Is it just me? Is there a particular scripture that will help me? I feel so lost and lonely. I feel like sometimes the enemy is winning. I don’t want that. Don’t know what to do. Please help. Thank you.

3. ServantoftheLord
    Memphis
    447   Posts

Katie, we all can relate.  Just recently I have gone through some very trying times and it has taken me to get on streaming faith to put my focus back on GOD where it should remain.  Sometimes I wonder when will my time be cause I know what GOD promised me.  I can see and tell it as sure as I am writing to you.  Just hold on.  We all get discouraged but I ask God on today to help you in your unbelief.  He loves you and the more you drawer nigh to the Lord the closer he will get to you.  Psalms 121 says “I will lift up my eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help; my help cometh from the LORD”. 
    I was reading earlier when one of the saints talked about praising your way to a breakthrough even when you do not feel like just thank God for today and your life.  Hallelujah!  He loves you Katie like none other….it is everlasting…..I pray that things get better!

Love ya…..