Why hasn’t my prayer been answered?

1. debbig
    chicago
    1   Posts

I keep praying, surrendering and believing in faith, I hear over and over again, God is in charge…where is God now?  I needed $500.00USD to pay bills and buy food.  Now my phone is off ... won’t receive funds til 8/3…I need help…In the past I have not been wise in fiances…I use to do drugs, when disappointments come…the first thought is drugs…I know they do solve my problem, but I can escape…I am so tired, I feel like committing suicide….help me with my unbelief….my God, My God, why have you forsaken me….Jesus said, he came that I might have life more abundantly…yet I can’t meet my obligations….Over the years, I pray for something and it has not happened…what is wrong with this picture…help me….manifest in my life like never before…why

2. ServantoftheLord
    Memphis
    447   Posts

Debbig, there is that seed of doubt.  I hear it in your voice.  GOD is faithful and his love for you is everlasting.  God knows what you are in need of.  You speak of suicide.  Why choose death over life?  What can be accomplished for that?  Everyone in the world has trials of all sorts it is how will deal with them that makes a difference. 
    You are on the road to redemption.  First of all you have been completely honest with God about your circumstances.  God will comfort you in this time of distress and he will meet your needs.  Just trust him.  Most of the time we all do not see a way sometimes but we know that God will show up right on time.  It is in times of great trials when we realize the strength that the Lord has given us to sustain.  Thank God for today.  You are still here in the land of the living.  There are those who will not see today so get on your knees and praise God for that.  It is another day to get your act together.  He has put it on your heart to ask for prayer and we all will rally around you for God to send angels to protect you.  I ask God to be your guide on today and show you the right way. It is never about ending your life.  Regardless of past mistakes none of us can judge and we love you.

3. MusicallyHIS
    FLORIDA
    114   Posts

In complete agreement with previous post. Debbi you are racing off of raw emotions and panic. Yes, it is difficult to stay calm when utilities are getting shut off and you are upset because you think God is not hearing your prayers. I have been there too, and have wanted to drink or use drugs also. BUT HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART: GOD DOES HEAR YOU. I CAN TESTIFY TO THAT. STAY OUT OF YOUR FEELINGS AND GET INTO FACTS. FEELINGS: HOPELESSNESS, THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, WANTING A DRUG TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER, ETC. FOLLOW ANY OF THOSE THOUGHTS, AND YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THEY ALL LEAD DOWN THE SAME ROAD OF DESTRUCTION. HERE ARE SOME FACTS: GOD HAS DELIVERED YOU FROM DRUG USE. YOUR MIND IS CLEAR AND YOU CAN THINK CLEARLY. GOD HAS CARRIED FROM EVERY SINGLE MESS, AWFUL SITUATION, CRISIS, AND DARK PITS THROUGH OUT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. TAKE A MOMENT TO THINK OF IT: EVERY SINGLE DAY HE HAS BEEN THERE. SO IF HE CARRIED YOU THROUGH THAT, HE SURELY IS CARRYING YOU THROUGH THIS ALSO. I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU ARE IN THE SITUATION YOU ARE IN. BUT MY PRAYER FOR YOU IS THAT YOU WILL CALM DOWN AND OPEN UP YOUR SPIRITUAL EYES AND EARS, BECAUSE I BELIEVE HELP IS ON THE WAY SOONER THAN NEXT WEEK. MY PRAYER IS THAT GOD SENDS A HELPER TO YOU IN YOUR WILDERNESS, AND THAT YOU WILL REALLY TRUST AND BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ABLE TO DO WHAT HIS WORD SAYS HE CAN DO. I’LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR SITUATION.

4. Carolyn Wuebbles
    Illinois
    1331   Posts

Yes, Debbie, You are in fear and overwhelmed and the more you think about it and speak it the deeper it gets in you . God never leaves us, when we have Him in us. We are His temple and therefore His hands, feet, mouth and ears, He wants us to be able to be used by Him for the purpose He sent us here and He wil provide for His word is True. Trust Him no matter how high the tide. The storm will pass just like the last one and it is gone, and over. This is just a new one. He will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is stayed on Him because he trusts in HIM. Agreeing with the previous posts, hear their words of Wisdom. love ya.  I do a daily teaching that will help you and also will write when you write. carolynwuebbles@yahoo.com. please feel free to contact me at anytime. I am here to hear. love ya