Warrior Angels

Categories

Recent Prayer Requests

The Latest Daily Devotionals

Recent Testimonials

1. fwilli52
    New Orleans
    1244   Posts

“The LORD sent an angel who destroyed every mighty warrior, commander and officer in the camp of the king of Assyria.” - 2 Chronicles 32:21 NASB

Throughout history, angels have been the inspiration for many works of art. Early Christian painters and sculptors depicted angels as wingless beings with halos. By the sixth century, much of the art world reflected the Greek and Roman personification of Victory, portraying angels as winged messengers, often effeminate.

By the Renaissance, this treatment had evolved, but angels were still depicted as serene, otherworldly creatures. In 1305, Giotto di Bondone illustrated an angel with detached reverence in his “The Dream of Joachim.” About 200 years later, in “The Mystical Nativity,” Sandro Botticelli painted angels as childlike and innocent.

While these images reflected the ideas of the times, the Bible paints a completely different picture: Angels are powerful! In fact, a single angel destroyed the mighty Assyrian army. Angels delivered God’s judgment and brought His messages to people like Gideon and Elijah, Mary and Peter. Their appearance often evoked terror, requiring angels to say, “Fear not.”

Visitors to the City of Light share in the vision of these mighty warrior angels through “The Warrior,” by sculptor Mark Patrick. This 9-foot sculpture stands in the lobby of the International Prayer and Welcome Center. In the spirit of a warrior, the angel appears to be spinning, as his wings form a tornado-like presence around him.

The Bible tells us that angels are “ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation” (Hebrews 1:14). They are God’s servants, always available to accomplish His purposes. They are not weak but strong, with power beyond our imagination.

Today, remember that God can do anything, and His angels are more powerful than any foe or force. Trust your life to Him.

Prayer:
    Father, thank You for Your protection and provision.
    I banish fear from my life and place my trust in You.
    Give me a spirit of confidence and boldness.
    In Jesus’ name.
    Amen.

Further Reading: 2 Chronicles 32

2. ship
    HICKORY, N.C. 28601
    7680   Posts

FWILLI52 - PSALM 104;  HE LAYS THE BEAMS OF HIS UPPER CHAMBERS IN THE WATERS, WHO MAKES THE CLOUDS HIS CHARIOT, WHO WALKS ON THE WINGS OF THE WIND,  WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS SPIRITS, HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE.  SHIP   HOW YA DOIN/

3. ServantoftheLord
    Memphis
    447   Posts

Hebrews 13:2 “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels (powerful ministering spirits of God) without knowing it”.  Thank you Lord today for the message of protection and provision from your servants.