About First Assembly of God Fort Myers with Pastor Dan Betzer
In 1947 a group of believers, who were meeting in a tent, became organized into an Assemblies of God church. This small congregation purchased property and constructed a church at 1943 Fowler Street. In 1969, the church purchased five acres at 1550 Colonial Blvd. and built a beautiful new facility. The first service was held there on Easter Sunday 1972. A few years later, twenty-plus additional acres were added, and the gymnasium was built and became a temporary sanctuary until the current sanctuary was completed in the fall of 1982. God has abundantly blessed First Assembly of God in Fort Myers, and we now average 6,000 members and adherents throughout our campuses every Sunday morning.